What Is St'art Up 317?
St'artUp 317 is a competitive program that aims to match young brands, established businesses wanting to test a new market, startups and artists, with vacant and under-utilized first floor commercial space in downtown neighborhoods to create pop-up stores. Inspired by similar initiatives across the country St'artUp 317 is being coordinated by Downtown Indy, Inc in partnership with PATTERN in order to incubating viable retail businesses and long-term tenants, while supporting the creative class and improving the cultural profile of our city. The long-term goal of the program is to eliminate empty storefronts, increase local and visitor consumer spending and ensure that the Downtown neighborhoods continue thriving.
Who Can Apply to be a Vendor?
St’artUp 317 welcomes applications from individuals, organizations or businesses who have an exhibit, a product, or a place-making initiative that can pop-up for 30 days during regular business hours or create an engaging window display that can be enjoyed 24/7.
List of Vendors for May pop-up session
We're looking for artists, startups and established businesses who could benefit from exposure and revenue provided by a short-term pop-up in the heart of downtown indianapolis while bringing activity & life to the space.
Let's put our best foot forward!
Want to learn more about pop-ups and how you can make yours a success? check out all these great resources below:
pop-ups in the press:
- This is What Will Happen To All the Empty Stores You're Seeing - Forbes
- Pop-up Stores Thrive in a World of Failing Retailers - The New York Times
- How Pop-UP Retain Delivers Long Term Value - Fourth Source
- Pop-up Stores Become More than just a Trend - Retail Touchpoints
how to host a successful pop-up:
- The Ultimate Guide to Pop-Up Shops - Shopify
- The Ultimate Guide to Opening a Pop-Up Shop - Storefront
- The Pop-up Primer - Miles
- The Magic of Pop-up Shop Marketing - American Marketing Association